Give me comments about BBS & newsgroup

Winkin

Here in China, BBS is very popular,simply because you can get a
lot of information from it, every fields of information, less fields
than in
encryclopedia, but more useful than it. What is more, there are
masters of every subject who are responsible for selecting the useful
information from a large amount of water messages so that it is
convient for you to search what you need. I know that in othere
countries newsgroup is as popular as, if not more popular than BBS.

However, take google for example, I find no master, and not collection
of good messages. It is the same for all the newsgroup? Where can I
find the newsgroup (or sth else) that have the characteristics which I
mentioned above. Thank you!

Stuart Golodetz

Winkin said:
Here in China, BBS is very popular,simply because you can get a
lot of information from it, every fields of information, less fields
than in
encryclopedia, but more useful than it. What is more, there are
masters of every subject who are responsible for selecting the useful
information from a large amount of water messages so that it is
convient for you to search what you need. I know that in othere
countries newsgroup is as popular as, if not more popular than BBS.

However, take google for example, I find no master, and not collection
of good messages. It is the same for all the newsgroup? Where can I
find the newsgroup (or sth else) that have the characteristics which I
mentioned above. Thank you!

If you're talking about moderated newsgroups, you could try
comp.lang.c++.moderated.

HTH,

Stuart.