    Please who can tell me a good book dealing with the above elements ?
    Thank all.
    ================================

    WELCOME ###, Jan 4, 2007

  2. WELCOME  ###

    Ian Collins Guest

    Why ask on a C group?

    Ian Collins, Jan 4, 2007

  3. WELCOME  ###

    Ian Collins Guest

    Oops, wrong group.... Crawl back under rock.

    Ian Collins, Jan 4, 2007
  4. What's Windows? (happy who don't know/need :) )
    Thinking in C++?

    =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Rafa=B3?=, Jan 4, 2007
  5. Don't know about .Net, ask in a group that deals with such things. For
    C++ many recommend _Accelerated C++_ by Koenig and Moo to start with and
    sooner or later you'll probably want _The C++ Programming Language_ by
    Stroustrup.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?=, Jan 4, 2007
  6. WELCOME  ###

    ralpe Guest

    I don't know good books about .Net.

    For learning C++ I recommend "Accelerated C++". After that you should
    read Dewhursts' "C++ Common Knowlege" and Meyers' "Effective C++ 3d
    Ed.". Stroustrup's "The C++ Programming Language" is a good reference.

    HTH
    Ralpe

    ralpe, Jan 4, 2007
  7. WELCOME  ###

    WELCOME ### Guest

    I have a good idea about C++ as a Language.But I want to know more about
    "Windows Form" in C++.
    ====================================

    WELCOME ###, Jan 4, 2007
  8. WELCOME  ###

    ralpe Guest

    You can't use Windows Forms with Standard C++. You need Microsoft's
    Managed C++ for that. I only know about books on Windows Forms that use
    C# or VB, but it shouldn't be too hard to translate that to Managed
    C++.

    ralpe

    ralpe, Jan 4, 2007
  9. WELCOME  ###

    John Carson Guest

    As has been pointed out, you can't do that in Standard C++. You need to use
    Managed C++ (now deprecated) or C++/CLI. There are very few books on it. See
    here for a couple.

    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b...earch-alias=stripbooks&field-keywords=c++/cli

    The place to ask about this stuff is

    microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vc

    John Carson, Jan 4, 2007
  10. WELCOME  ###

    mlimber Guest

    mlimber, Jan 4, 2007
  11. WELCOME  ###

    Mari Guest

    Addison Wesley - Windows Forms Programming in C#

    Thinking in C++
    C++ FAQs

    Mari, Jan 4, 2007
  12. WELCOME  ###

    rhle.freak Guest

    Hi all ,i am new to this group,just starting out programming in c++,i
    have a good grasp over 'c' and now i am moving onto c++.
    I would like to know if the oop learning curve is very steep and also
    could you suggest a standard reference book.
    Stroustrup's "The C++ Programming Language" seems to be good reference
    and a choice of many...can i jump onto it without any other beginner
    level books in c++?

    rhle.freak, Jan 5, 2007
  13. WELCOME  ###

    osmium Guest

    Some people can and some can't. Since you are going to want his book sooner
    or later anyhow, why don't you give it a shot?

    osmium, Jan 5, 2007