grabbing portions of a file to output files

s99999999s2003

hi.
I have a file with this kind of structure:

Hxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxx
Hxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxx
Hxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
and so on....lines starting with 'H' are headers. I wish to get the
parts of the file
where line start with 'H' all the way till before the next 'H' and save
to files of different names...how is the best way to do it ?
thanks

Kent Johnson

hi.
I have a file with this kind of structure:

Hxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxx
Hxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxx
Hxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
and so on....lines starting with 'H' are headers. I wish to get the
parts of the file
where line start with 'H' all the way till before the next 'H' and save
to files of different names...how is the best way to do it ?
thanks

Something like this?

out = None
for line in open(...):