Grids and displays on different monitors

eagle

Does anyone have some ideas of how to make a grid display correctly, and to
adjust depending on the size of the monitor/screen? I find if I do not put
sizes on the grids or their columns, it will adjust according to the data.
In some cases, this is good, but in some, it's not, like with a Comments
field, it may stretch out to be very wide. If I make the grid so it fills
the screen no matter what, then the last column seems to be the most
stretched out as if it is the only one that is adjusting to the screen size.

I'm just looking for some ideas anyone may have. Do most people set sizes
for their grid and each columns no matter what, does that seem to work
better, and then how does it look depending on the monitor and resolution?

Thanks for anyone's help and suggestions.

Jan Waiz

Depending on how you implement a Datagrid in a HTML-Table, i think its
absolut okay (and neccessary) that the Datagrid will be sized automaticaly
depending on the Size of the Browser. That the last Column will be stretched
is absolut right.

If you did not want that Behaviour, i think the only way to do that, is, to
place the Datagrid in a Table with a fixed Width in Pixel instead of
Percent.

While you did not know the Size of the Browser (not everbody will work in
FullScreen or Kisok-Mode) i think the flexibel Way wil be the Best.

HTH
Jan Waiz

eagle

Thanks for your advice, this was very helpful.