GridView and FormView

Paulo

Hi, I have a aspx with a a FormView on left wich opens insert template as
default containing all the TextsBox, Combos, etc, and on right a GridView
listing the stored itens (ID column key)... When the user clicks on
gridview, it must open the formview in edit mode with all the objects
filled... how can I do that?

another question, if there is need to add more itens on the formview insert
template, must it be added manually on edit template too ?

Thanks
VS 2005 asp.net C# 2.0

Guest

Hi, I have a aspx with a a FormView on left wich opens insert template as
default containing all the TextsBox, Combos, etc, and on right a GridView
listing the stored itens (ID column key)... When the user clicks on
gridview, it must open the formview in edit mode with all the objects
filled... how can I do that?

another question, if there is need to add more itens on the formview insert
template, must it be added manually on edit template too ?

Thanks
VS 2005 asp.net C# 2.0

If your GridView/FormView bound to an ObjectDataSource, it can be
easily done as per example

C# Two-Way Databinding in a FormView Edit Template
http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/ctrlref/data/formview.aspx