GridView and paging

David

How can I recognize when only clicking a page number on the footer of a
GridView?
I have an ASP.Net 2.0 page that is used to search for records. The search
textbox is at the top and I enter text to search for. I have VB code at the
beginning of the aspx page that sets the SELECT statement based on the
textbox text. The 1st page displays fine, but when I only click the link for
page 2, I get the same results. I need to check something in the VB code at
the top of my page to determine if I should re-issue the search or just
display the next page. What can I check at PostBack to recognize that I am
only paging and not resetting the records?

Also, where do I look to find out how to set the value of a Select button on
a gridviw row and call another url/page?

Thanks.

David

Andrei Varanovich

Hi David,

Seems that PageIndexChanging and PageIndexChanged event are all you need.