GridView and Thumbnails

Jim McGivney

In a VWD project I have a folder that contains images that users have
uploaded. On the aspx page I have a GridView that displays information from
a table in a database. The table contains the paths and filenames of each
of the images. I would like to add a column to the GridView to display
thumbnails of the images to help the user select the appropriate image.

My question: Should I generate a thumbnail of each image as it is uploaded,
save the thumbnail to the image folder, add the thumbnail path and filename
to the record in the database, then bind to the thumbnail information to
display the thumbnail in the GridView, or is there a better way ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jim

Masudur

In a VWD project I have a folder that contains images that users have
uploaded. On the aspx page I have a GridView that displays information from
a table in a database. The table contains the paths and filenames of each
of the images. I would like to add a column to the GridView to display
thumbnails of the images to help the user select the appropriate image.

My question: Should I generate a thumbnail of each image as it is uploaded,
save the thumbnail to the image folder, add the thumbnail path and filename
to the record in the database, then bind to the thumbnail information to
display the thumbnail in the GridView, or is there a better way ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jim

HI...
It depends on the size of the images....
If all images are huge ... it will take time for browser to download
images...
in that case it better to save a thumbnail version of the image...

Thanks
Masudur