GridView Binding

Smash

I have problem binding gridview....

At first i didn't want to bind gridview at first page load...so in my
objectdatasource_selecting event i wrote this:

If Not Page.IsPostBack Then
e.Cancel = True
End If

Thats solved the problem for the first bind....

Now I have date textbox on my form, a imagebutton for my calendar popup
taht fills date textbox and a button for showing results....on button
click i call gridview.databind and results show ok...

the problem is when I try to select date with my calendar...postback
happens and also gridview bind happens..AND I DON'T WANT THAT...i don't
want to bind my grid with new parameter in my date textbox...i want to
bind my grid when selecting a button...

so how can i prevent binding of gridview when doing postback execpt
when clicking on the button

any help appreciated

thx

Smash

I forgot to say....it is important that after clicking on calendar
imgbtn gridview reloads results from viewstate and not disappear...only
after clicking button gridview takes newly defined parameters from date
textbox