GridView nested in DataList - refreshing corresponding DataList row after updating GridView row

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by H5N1, Apr 27, 2006.

  1. H5N1

    H5N1 Guest

    Hi there

    My problem is that in when I update GridView row, which is nested into
    DataList control, I want to refresh also DataList in which the GridView
    is nested, since after update, trigger in my DB changes some value in
    it (some Total sum from the GridView column).

    The GridView, along with its ObjectDataSource is inserted into DataList
    ItemTemplate.

    How, and where shoul the DataList be refreshed?

    I've tried DataListControlName.DataBind() in page.load, but I get the
    following error:

    The ObjectDataSource control 'the name of the GridView datasourced
    (located in the DataList Item Template)' does not have a naming
    container. Ensure that the control is added to the page before calling
    DataBind.

    thanks a lot
    HP

    H5N1, Apr 27, 2006