    this. The RowUpdaing even also is not getting called.
    What could I be missing with this scenario?

    Any thoughts?

    SAL, Jul 16, 2007

  2. SAL

    nahid Guest

    hi,
    i'm writing some code after view your post

    namespace BLL
    {
    public class Sample
    {
    DataTable oDataTable = new DataTable();
    public Sample()
    {
    oDataTable.Columns.Add(new DataColumn("ID"));
    oDataTable.Columns.Add(new DataColumn("Name"));
    DataRow oDataRow = oDataTable.NewRow();
    oDataRow["ID"] = new Random().Next(10).ToString();
    oDataRow["Name"] = new Random().Next(20).ToString();
    oDataTable.Rows.Add(oDataRow);
    }
    public void UpDate(string ID ,string name ) {

    }
    public DataTable getData()
    {
    return oDataTable;

    <head runat="server">
    <title>Untitled Page</title>
    </head>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    &nbsp;<asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server"
    AutoGenerateEditButton="True" DataSourceID="ObjectDataSource1"
    OnRowUpdated="GridView1_RowUpdated">
    </asp:GridView>
    <asp:ObjectDataSource ID="ObjectDataSource1" runat="server"
    SelectMethod="getData"
    TypeName="BLL.Sample" UpdateMethod="UpDate">
    <UpdateParameters>
    <asp:parameter Name="ID" Type="Int32" />
    <asp:parameter Name="name" Type="String" />
    </UpdateParameters>
    </asp:ObjectDataSource>

    </form>

    it seems all event working fine to me ....
    can you please show some code please...

    thanks
    nahid
    http://nahidulkibria.blogspot.com/
    http://www.kaz.com.bd

    nahid, Jul 17, 2007

  3. SAL

    SAL Guest

    Well, it would seem that my code is good. However, what has happened is that
    after clicking the "Enable Editing" property in the Smart tag, I clicked
    Edit Columns and turned the "Edit, Update, Cancel" field into a Template
    field. I did this so I could include a button in the footer without having
    to add a differet column to the grid for my button.
    It seems that after you turn that "Edit, Update, Cancel" column into a
    template that you have to blast the whole page and re-create it to get
    RowUpdating event to fire again..

    Don't know why that is but it's lame...

    Anybody got any thoughts on this?

    SAL, Jul 17, 2007