GridView not displaying on page after postback

Guest

Hi,

I am trying to build a simple web page that displays records returned from
an MS Access db when the user enters search criteria in a text box on the
same page. My page comprises of a label, textbox and a button, together with
an unbound GridView
and an AccessDataSource control.

In the Page_Load event, I have the following code:

if (!IsPostBack)
{
GridView1.Visible = false;
}
else
{
// Get search term entered by user.
string searchTerm = textSearch.Text;

// Query the database for matching records.
AccessDataSource1.SelectCommand = string.Format("SELECT *
FROM MyTable WHERE Column1 LIKE '%{0}%'", searchTerm);
GridView1.DataSource =
AccessDataSource1.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments.Empty);
GridView1.DataBind();
GridView1.Visible = true;

My problem is that when I step through the code, I can verify that the
DataView returned by the AccessDataSource.Select() method contains data, yet
the GridView does not show on the page.

What am I doing wrong?

Jazza

Guest

I tried your suggestion, but now it throws an exception "Both DataSource and
DataSourceID are defined in Gridview1"