Gtk::TreeView, Libglade and Ruby

Michael Lesniak

Hello,

I have created a small testcase for working with a TreeView which I
can't get to run for reasons I couldn't find out.

--- Sample code begin ---------------------
list = Gtk::ListStore.new(String, String)
data = [["One", "1"], ["Two", "2"]]
data.each do |item|
iter = list.append
item.each_with_index do |str, id|
msg "@#{id} -> #{str}"
iter[id] = str
end
end

# Update treeview
@list.model = list

# Add it to the view
renderer = Gtk::CellRendererText.new
name = Gtk::TreeViewColumn.new(
"Name",
renderer,
:text => 0)
@list.append_column(name)

where @list is a treeview, obtained from glade with

@list = @glade['treeview']

The window shows up and I can write text into, such that the search
function of the TreeView pops up; but nevertheless, my data is not
shown.

Any ideas what is wrong here?

Thanks in advance,
Michael Lesniak