GUI controls collections

Kisu

Hello

I'm beggining programming in java and I'm looking for collection of
java gui controls ( I need something more advanced that default swing
controls ). Do You know any popular controls collection ? I'm
interested especialy in free solutions.

Thanks

Andrew Thompson

I'm beggining programming in java and I'm looking for collection of
java gui controls ( I need something more advanced that default swing
controls ).

What more do you need a button* to do?

* Or text area, or scrollpane, or..
..Do You know any popular controls collection ? I'm
interested especialy in free solutions.

Of course you are.

Andrew T.

josh

Kisu napisa³(a):
Hello

I'm beggining programming in java and I'm looking for collection of
java gui controls ( I need something more advanced that default swing
controls ). Do You know any popular controls collection ? I'm
interested especialy in free solutions.

Thanks

Maybe Glazed Lists are something you could be interested in? Basically
Glazed Lists is a project that introduces the EventList interface.
EventList extends List interface with events (this is just what its name
states :) There are really lot of implementations of EventList in that
project and they also have a special classes that can create JTable's
model or JList's model based on EventList implementation.
For example:
Class Person: firstName/lastName/age

EventList<Person> myList = new BasicList<Person>()

TableFormat<Person> format = GlazedLists.TableFormat(Person.class,
new String[] {"firstName","lastName","age"},
new String[] {"First Name", "Last Name", "Age"});
TableModel<Person> tableModel = new TableModel(myList,format);
JTable myTable = new JTable(tableModel);

Now, when you add/remove something to/from that list or do whatever you
can with any other List - this will be reflected in that JTable.
Just take a look at API - look how many things can implement EventList
interface. Take a look at tutorial as well...