IDE for GUI Designer

Renato Barbosa Pim Pereira

Guys, is this, I wonder if there is an IDE with native support for the
development of GUI's such as Netbeans with Swing, Visual Basic, etc.,
already tested the Boa Constructor, and PyQt, but did not like what I'm looking
for is an IDE "all in one", ie power encode and draw the screens of the
program, someone indicates some?, but what I would like to know everything
together with an IDE: Coding + GUI (via visual elements) without the need
to import or export anything, like so: I want a button, I click and drag it to
a window, give two clicks and encode their actions, understand?

Thanks for all.

CM

Guys, is this, I wonder if there is an IDE with native support for the
development of GUI's such as Netbeans with Swing, Visual Basic, etc.,

The term you want to use is "GUI Builder". Because there can be IDEs
without a GUI builder. You want both.
already tested the Boa Constructor, and PyQt, but did not like what I'm looking

What did you not like about Boa Constructor?

PyQT is not an IDE nor is it a GUI builder. It is a "widget
toolkit" (or "framework").
for is an IDE "all in one", ie power encode and draw the screens of the
program, someone indicates some?, but what I would like to know everything
together with an IDE: Coding + GUI (via visual elements) without the need
to import or export anything, like so: I want a button, I click and drag it to
a window, give two clicks and encode their actions, understand?

This is exactly what Boa Constructor does.

Wolfgang Keller

Guys, is this, I wonder if there is an IDE with native support for the
development of GUI's

A decent Python IDE would probably integrate well enough with any decent
GUI builder. If there was one (decent GUI builder).

Unfortunately there's afaik currently no GUI builder available for any
of the Python GUI frameworks that actually makes use of the dynamic
interpreted nature of Python (in a way comparable to Cocoa's Interface
Builder or the Visualworks Smalltalk IDE). They are unfortunately all
just conceived following the clumsy tedious static C++-ish
code-generation method. X-(

Sincerely,

Wolfgang

Fabio Zadrozny

Well, I usually use the Qt Designer and it does work well for me.

It generates a .ui file with it which has to be passed to pyuic to generate
the actual Python code -- and you have to generate a subclass to implement
the slots -- for that, I add an external builder to Eclipse, so, in the end
it's mostly a matter of saving the ui in designer and going on to implement
the actual code for the actions in PyDev/Eclipse (sure, you don't click on
a link to add Python code, but for me that separation is good).

Cheers,

Fabio

Wolfgang Keller

Well, I usually use the Qt Designer and it does work well for me.
It generates a .ui file with it which has to be passed to pyuic to
generate the actual Python code

Wow.

Even one more step than with code generation directly from
the GUI builder.

Clumsy, tedious, static.

Cocoa's Interface Builder shows how to do it even though Objective-C is
a *compiled* language, unlike Python.

Sincerely,

Wolfgang

Robert Kern

Wow.

Even one more step than with code generation directly from
the GUI builder.

You don't have to use pyuic. You can load the .ui file directly from your program.
Clumsy, tedious, static.

Cocoa's Interface Builder shows how to do it even though Objective-C is
a *compiled* language, unlike Python.

The workflow is about the same, really.

--
Robert Kern