Guidelines on EJB deployment

Alexandr Molochnikov

I am working on re-engineering our Java apps into an EJB format. At this
moment, they are stand-alone, RMI-based C/S applications, with the
installation parms set in properties file, installed as part of the app
bundle.

What is the accepted method of passing the setup parameters to an EJB-based
app (if there is such a method), given that the regular I/O is not permitted
in the EJB? Is there a good, preferably web-based, source of info on issues
that come with commercial distribution and deployment of EJB(eans), such as
cross-server design, licensing etc.?

My current app server is JBOSS.

Thanks for any pointers.

Alex Molochnikov

Hugo Pragt

Hi Alexandr,

Setup params can be placed in the deployment desciptor.
You can also use resource bundles.

Hugo