Have a Goal, but now idea of where to start.

plemon

I am trying to make a script like you see on dell.com or alienware.com
where the shopping cart total scrolls down with the page, so that
someone can go trough a long list and not have to scroll up and down to
check important info like a totals. Can someone point me in the right
direction, on how to get this started. thanks - Phil

Peter Michaux

plemon said:
I am trying to make a script like you see on dell.com or alienware.com
where the shopping cart total scrolls down with the page, so that
someone can go trough a long list and not have to scroll up and down to
check important info like a totals. Can someone point me in the right
direction, on how to get this started. thanks - Phil

You are looking for the CSS position:fixed property and value. This is
implemented in many recent browsers. Not IE6 and I'm not sure if it is
in IE7. You can use JavaScript to simulate it in IE. I know that Dean
Edwards has done some work on this problem. If you poke around his site
you'll find some info.

Peter

plemon

Peter said:
You are looking for the CSS position:fixed property and value. This is
implemented in many recent browsers. Not IE6 and I'm not sure if it is
in IE7. You can use JavaScript to simulate it in IE. I know that Dean
Edwards has done some work on this problem. If you poke around his site
you'll find some info.

Peter

Thanks a lot Peter you have sent me in a good direction. I love these
groups 3 mins I had no idea what I was gonna do and now I at least have
a direction.

John W. Kennedy

Peter said:
You are looking for the CSS position:fixed property and value. This is
implemented in many recent browsers. Not IE6 and I'm not sure if it is
in IE7.

It is indeed implemented in IE7. (I'm working on de-FRAMEing a rather
large static website right now, and position:fixed is a large part of my
scheme.)