Having a problem with links and tabs in IE

tap

When I use target="_blank"> in a link, Firefox it opens a new tab and
preserves the original page with the link. However, this does not work
in MS IE. In IE I lose my original page unless I hold down the ctrl key
as I click on a link.

How do I code a link in IE to open a new tab?

rf

tap@murphy's.place.com wrote in 4ax.com:
When I use target="_blank"> in a link, Firefox it opens a new tab and
preserves the original page with the link. However, this does not work
in MS IE. In IE I lose my original page unless I hold down the ctrl key
as I click on a link.

How do I code a link in IE to open a new tab?

You don't. It's a browser setting.

For *your* browser, adjust your settings.