having trouble with drag-n-drop of multiple items

Dan Morrow

I'm having trouble handling drag-n-drop of rows from a DataGridView.

The SelectionMode is FullRowSelect, so when I click, the whole row gets
selected, not just cells.

What I'd like to do is select rows 1, 3 and 5 (by control-clicking) and
then click one more time, and drag all three rows.

The problem that occurs is that when I do that last click (to perform
the drag) all the rows unhilite, and only the row that I clicked on
stays hilited. This is not desirable behavior, obviously.

I'd really like my DataGridView to do drags the same way that Outlook or
Windows Explorer (or any program that has a list of things like this).
But I can't seem to find the right way to do this.

If I'm just dragging one row, then this works fine, but I need to
support dragging multiple rows.

Thanks for any help in this matter,
-Dan.

P.S. - I've been a programmer for many years, but I'm a relative newbie
to VB.

Eliyahu Goldin

Then you should post in windows form groups. This forum is for web
applications.