healthMonitoring events missing inner exception

ethan

After deploying my Web Application to my QA environment I've encountered a
limitation with how my unhandled exceptions are being logged.

First, a bit of background on my app. The solution is made of three projects:
* Web application
* Business class library
* Data class library
I'm using healthMonitoring to handle WebBaseErrorEvents with the
EventLogProvider. Additionally, there is a customErrors defaultRedirect to
show a "prettier" message to users.

Everything was working fine on my development machine (XP/IIS5). Any
unhandled exceptions at any layer would bubble up and be ultimately handled
in the Web application. Now that I've deployed to a server, exceptions in
the top Web application are being handled as expected; but deeper exceptions
(from the class libraries) are coming through as TargetInvocationExceptions.
I can work with that since i believe the "root cause" exception is referenced
within the InnerException property.

Here's the rub... the default WebBaseErrorEvent doesn't seem to document the
InnerException. Is there a straightforward way to make it include
InnerException information, or do I need to extend my own WebBaseErrorEvent
and use an httpHandler to instantiate it?

TIA for any recommendations and/or advice.