Hello from the U.K.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by JasKinasis, Jun 27, 2018.

  1. JasKinasis

    JasKinasis

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2018
    Messages:
    11
    Likes Received:
    4
    Location:
    /dev/null
    Hey all,
    I just discovered this site and signed up today.

    My name's Jason. I'm currently a professional C++ analyst/programmer. I have a working knowledge of several other programming and scripting languages. I'm a regular contributor at linux.org and a long-time member of daniweb.com (jasonhippy). I've been helping people with code-related questions on various websites for over 15 years now.

    I'm the drummer for a UK-based technical extreme-metal band called Kinasis. I'm also heavily into Linux and free/libre open source software.

    I only have one request and that is:
    Please do not PM me with programming related questions, because I will not answer them.
    Keep all questions on one of the public boards/forums.

    When you post a question on the public forums:
    - Everybody in the community can benefit from the exchange of information
    - Other people in the community can also participate and offer their answers. I am not perfect. I might not always come up with the best solution. Somebody else in the community may be able to come up with a better answer.

    So if questions are posted on the boards - everybody wins!

    Looking forward to helping out.

    JasKinasis, Jun 27, 2018

  2. JasKinasis

    Ian Administrator

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2005
    Messages:
    32
    Likes Received:
    7
    Hey Jason, welcome to the forums :). Great to have you onboard!

    I completely agree about the direct PM part of your post - I sometimes get PMs asking for help on various forums, but that way no-one else would benefit from being able to find that information, so I always direct them to the main forum.

    Ian, Jun 28, 2018