HELP me Am very new one To python

Bruno Desthuilliers

Damodhar a écrit :
hi,

Am working in PHP MYSQL. I am very very interest to learn Python but i
don't Know Little Bit,
am using windows Xp, Ialready download from
http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.5.1/python-2.5.1.ia64.msi

and install into C:\Python25

whats the next step . i Used Apache 2.0 run as a local server..

whats the next step . please say one by one i already read the
documentation but i cant get clearer.

how to configure apache where i want to configure .
if any files want to copy in to apache folder, wahts the procedure to
start the coding pls help me am very very beginner pls spend some time
to teach how to do that.please plaes

As others already pointed, Python is not dedicated to web programming -
it's a general-purpose language. Also, there are a lot of different ways
to use Python for web programming, ranging from plain old CGI to
full-blown application servers. But most of them won't make sens if you
don't have a minimal knowledge of both the language and the HTTP
protocol (which is something that most PHP programmers seems to totally
ignore).

Anyway... I suggest you start by learning Python itself - there's a
not-too-bad tutorial in the official doc. FWIW, one of the nice things
with Python is the interactive shell, which let you test code directly.
Once you'll be done with this, you may either give CGI a try (if you
don't have much knowledge of the HTTP protocol, it may help you
understanding what's really going on there), or try some recent web
framework like Django or Pylons (the first one is a bit more polished
and better documented, and it seems very popular amongst non-python
programmers, the second is IMHO far better but probably requires much
more knowledge of both Python and HTTP).

My 2 cents...

NB : a bit OT, but anyway: while broken English is mostly ok here (there
are a lot of non native English speakers around - like me), at least
avoid sms-style.

Amit Khemka

hi,

Am working in PHP MYSQL. I am very very interest to learn Python but i
don't Know Little Bit,
am using windows Xp, Ialready download from
http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.5.1/python-2.5.1.ia64.msi

and install into C:\Python25

whats the next step . i Used Apache 2.0 run as a local server..

whats the next step . please say one by one i already read the
documentation but i cant get clearer.

how to configure apache where i want to configure .
if any files want to copy in to apache folder, wahts the procedure to
start the coding pls help me am very very beginner pls spend some time
to teach how to do that.please plaes

I presume that you want to do web programming using python.

Have a look at following:

Using mod_python: http://webpython.codepoint.net/mod_python
CGI: http://docs.python.org/lib/module-cgi.html
FastCGI: http://www.fastcgi.com/

You can also explore some of existing web frameworks. Search web for
"python web frameworks", some popular ones are django, pylons etc.

Try to play with one of the above that you like and suits your needs.
If you still get struck , please post specific issues.

I wish and hope learning python would be a pleasing experience !

Cheers,
amit.

David

how to configure apache where i want to configure .
if any files want to copy in to apache folder, wahts the procedure to
start the coding pls help me am very very beginner pls spend some time
to teach how to do that.please plaes

Unlike PHP, Python is not primarily a web programming language. What
you installed was the standard interpreter which allows you to run
scripts outside of a web server. It won't integrate into apache
automatically.

What you're probably looking for is an apache module that lets you run
python scripts.

This link may be useful: http://sourceforge.net/projects/spyce/