Help me in basic java design...........

GMHK

I am a newbie in using networking in java.

I have a website, i am trying to alter the website contents through
java programming.

for example:
Name : HariKiran
Age : 25
Location: India
Tel Number : 988998998987

Now through java programming, i should be able to change the values of
these field values of name, age, location
and Tel number.

After executing the java class with the new values,
The new values should be updated in the website.

To implement can anyone suggest the ideas and if any sample code.

Thanks in advance.
HariKiran

Tjerk Wolterink

GMHK said:
I am a newbie in using networking in java.

I have a website, i am trying to alter the website contents through
java programming.

for example:
Name : HariKiran
Age : 25
Location: India
Tel Number : 988998998987

Now through java programming, i should be able to change the values of
these field values of name, age, location
and Tel number.

After executing the java class with the new values,
The new values should be updated in the website.

To implement can anyone suggest the ideas and if any sample code.

Thanks in advance.
HariKiran

learn java

jan V

I am a newbie in using networking in java.

Babies learn to roll on their bellies first.
Then they learn to crawl on all fours.
Then they learn to sit up, on their bottoms,
Then they try to stand, but fail and fall for weeks.
Then they try to take a step, but fail and fall again.
Then they try to take a second step.

Etc..

Until, possibly, you end up sprinting 100 meters under 10 seconds.

Take it a step at a time, OK?

Oliver Wong

GMHK said:
I am a newbie in using networking in java.

I have a website, i am trying to alter the website contents through
java programming.

for example:
Name : HariKiran
Age : 25
Location: India
Tel Number : 988998998987

Now through java programming, i should be able to change the values of
these field values of name, age, location
and Tel number.

After executing the java class with the new values,
The new values should be updated in the website.

To implement can anyone suggest the ideas and if any sample code.

Well, first of all, let me say that this sounds like a really bad
overall design. But it's certainly possible to implement. Presumably you
have some access to the remote website (via FTP perhaps).

Your application should take those new values provided, construct and
HTML page, connect to the FTP server, and upload the created HTML page, thus
updated the website contents.

Good luck.

- Oliver

Roedy Green

for example:
Name : HariKiran
Age : 25
Location: India
Tel Number : 988998998987

you or somebody else asked this exact same question a week or so ago.
You might check back for earlier answers.