Help on Form Designer

johndow

The project I am getting into is to provide a way to dynamically customize
the layout of of a web form. For example, a survey page may contains many
fields. We want to allow our customers to move the position of any
textboxes, labels, dropdowns in the web form through a "Web form designer".
The positions of the controls will be saved to database, so the looks of
survey page presents to the end user will be database driven.
I have been looking through many Content management systems, but they only
provide the functionality to manage certain portion of contents. I have not
found any one who allows to move every single control on the web form.
Anyone who have idea of how this "web form designer" supposed to work, or
point me the right direction of how to approach? I am appreciated very much.

Lucas Tam

Anyone who have idea of how this "web form designer" supposed to work, or
point me the right direction of how to approach?

You'll need an active object which can output DHTML for dynamic
positioning.

However... dynamic positioning usually isn't a good idea - beacuse DHTML
doesn't always display properly on all browsers.

Maybe for the first version, you should stick with basic formatting - only
allow a user to define the order of the form fields?