Help! Permissions problem running a report from a web app.

B. Chernick

I've never done this before. I have an ASP.Net 2.0 app running on an
internal server (no special permissions, wide open access within our
intranet.) I added a page with a report viewer control. The published
report itself runs fine when called through the Reporting Services
Folder.aspx. It also runs fine if I run the web app on my own machine in VS.

If I try to run the web app on the server and call the report, I get this
error: The permissions granted to user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE' are
insufficient for performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied)

I have been googling this problem and trying various solutions (adding
Network Service to groups, adding roles through the RS utility, etc) but so
far no luck.

Any suggestions?

B. Chernick

Once again, my apologies for perhaps posting a little too soon. As I said,
I've never called a report from a web app before and its been a while since
I've done anything with Reporting Services.

I added this to the web.config and everything works now. This is probably a
good enough solution for now.

<identity impersonate="true"/>
<authorization>
<deny users="?"/>
<allow users="*"/>
</authorization>

(But feel free to comment. I still need read up a bit.)