Running a SSRS 2005 Report from ASP.Net

Robin9876

From an ASP.Net page which is using a SSRS 2005 that is using SQL
authentication which works correctly when designed. However when
called from the web page as a .Net component shows the following error
message after prompted to login, which I do with an admin account.

The permissions granted to user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE' are
insufficient for performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied)

Why is it using a different account instead of the SQL account to run
the report and why is it failing even with an Admin account?

What settings do I need to change to get the report to run from a
ASP.Net web page?

rifat yavuz

Hello,

Just go to localhost/reports

And give browse permission to 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE' account.

This is because your aspnet page connects report server using defualt iis
account credentials.

Rifat Yavuz

Robin9876

Hello,

Just go to localhost/reports

And give browse permission to 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE' account.

This is because your aspnet page connects report server using defualt iis
account credentials.

Rifat Yavuz

Thanks that has worked on my development environment.

In a production environment I will have to think about the accounts
used for the web site and accessing the reports, instead of using the
default network service account.