help regarding python and jsp

chandrapsg

Hi,
i am working with jsp ..
i wanna help regarding how to import or how to call python modules to
jsp

if a piece of code is availabe will be very helpful for me

chandra

Ant

Hi,
i am working with jsp ..
i wanna help regarding how to import or how to call python modules to
jsp

You are aware that JSP's are a Java technology, and not Python. And
that they are a templating language in themselves. And that scriptlets
(Java code inside of a JSP) have not been regarded as good practice
for years now, and that would be the only way of getting Python code
inside a JSP (using an ugly hack such as creating a Jython engine and
writing the python as strings to be eval'ed)

So what is it that you are trying to do exactly here?

Dennis Lee Bieber

Hi,
i am working with jsp ..
i wanna help regarding how to import or how to call python modules to

First, a bit of grammar...

"wanna" is a colloquialism for "want to"

Your query thereby became an offer to assist others, not a request for
assistance.

However, JSP and Python are highly different languages. Actually,
JSP is a technology built on top of Java -- one that, if I understand
the terminology, uses Java code on the web server to dynamically
generate the HTML that gets delivered. Java and Python use different
runtime interpreters -- I believe the Jython variant generates Java
bytecodes, allowing it to be interpreted by the JVM, and is capable of
calling native Java compiled files. I don't know about the reverse.

Python has a small slew of templating/server frameworks; perhaps one
of them is suitable without needing to stay within the JSP model.
--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber KD6MOG
HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/