Help! SMTP Exception Error in ASP 2.0 Email Form

Bgreer5050

I keep getting the following error on an asp form I have on my site. I know
the smtp settings are correct, because if I take out the user fields (i.e.
name, weight and assign a text string in code the email is processed.

Protected Sub SendEmail_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles SendEmail.Click
Const ToAddress As String = (e-mail address removed)
Dim mm As New Net.Mail.MailMessage([email protected], ToAddress)
mm.Subject = "Parts Request"
mm.Body = "Body" -----------------If I use mm.body = name.text I get the
timeout error
mm.Body = "weight"
mm.IsBodyHtml = False
Dim smtp As New Net.Mail.SmtpClient
smtp.Send(mm)
End Sub

Is it possible that it takes longer to process text boxes, therefore some
code needs to be added to prevent the timeout? If so, can someone help me
with the code snippet?

Here is the Error:

Service not available, closing transmission channel. The server response
was: Command timeout, closing transmission channel

Exception Details: System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Service not available,
closing transmission channel. The server response was: Command timeout,
closing transmission channel

Source Error:

Line 20:
Line 21: '(4) Send the MailMessage (will use the Web.config
settings)
Line 22: smtp.Send(mm)
Line 23: End Sub
Line 24:

Guest

[...]

Try to check the event log to see if there are any hints on that

Bgreer5050

Ok. This is a silly question....where is the event log? My site is hosted
offsite on a IIS server. Is it the same thing as the Stack Trace?

Thanks

Guest

What do you store on name.text? It's a simple string?

I would try the following:

- Hardcode what you typed on the text box and set it as a hardcode
string, did you get an error?

- Pass what you typed on the textbox to an string variable, and assign it
to the body, did you get the error?

This tests are just to delimit where can be located the failure. It's
quite strange.

/// Braulio Diez
///
/// http://www.tipsdotnet.com

Guest

Ok. This is a silly question....where is the event log? My site is hosted
offsite on a IIS server. Is it the same thing as the Stack Trace?

Thanks

Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Event Viewer