Help text window when hovering

Cogito

Some sites have a small text, help window show up when hovering over
an object. I would like to know what tags are needed to achieve this
effect. Any examples would be appreciated.

Sid Ismail

: Some sites have a small text, help window show up when hovering over
: an object. I would like to know what tags are needed to achieve this
: effect. Any examples would be appreciated.

It's either a javascript pop-up, or they're using title, as in

Sebastian</a>

Sid

Cogito

: Some sites have a small text, help window show up when hovering over
: an object. I would like to know what tags are needed to achieve this
: effect. Any examples would be appreciated.

It's either a javascript pop-up, or they're using title, as in

Sebastian</a>

Sid

That's it. The 'title' does exactly what I was after. Thank you very
much.

BTW, I noticed that there is a small duration of time between the
placing of the pointer over the graphic and the appearance of the
text. Is this length of time controllable by a parameter?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Cogito said:
BTW, I noticed that there is a small duration of time between the
placing of the pointer over the graphic and the appearance of the
text. Is this length of time controllable by a parameter?

That's browser controlled. It's a good thing actually. Consider if you
have a bunch of these on a page, and I move my mouse across the page
looking for the Back button or something. If no time delay, the
tooltips would be flying out at me as I go, like those annoying
JavaScript fly-out menus...