Help understanding the following PDF

yannicktaylor

Hi,

I have been given the following PDF by fish 4. I do virtual tours for
a company and when i have completed them the final product is a html
file. Fish4 want us to use XML's and i havent a clue really on
understanding it all. If anyone can make sense of the following PDF, I
would be very greatful

Thanks

Andy Dingley

It looks like an unusually well written document of its type. I've
never worked with fish4, but I wish _my_ commercial partners could
document so well!

However it doesn't appear to have any facility for embedding a virtual
tour _as_HTML_. It takes attachments as images or PDFs, but not a
content markup language like HTML. Thinking about it, I can
understand why -- it would be technically difficult for someone like
fish4 to integrate such a thing. If they did so, they'd have to write
a _lot_ more specification of how to do it, or else simplify such a
virtual tour into a rigid schema and ask for it to be submitted
through a protocol such as RSS.

Joseph Kesselman

Their doc claims "Virtual tours, PDF brochure links, floor-plans (...)
plus unlimited images accepted via Gold image uploads." The only other
mention of this is "virtual tour buttons".

I'd suggest you contact them directly and ask them to explain why
there's no further discussion of virtual tours. It may be that you have
to rewrite the tour into a sequence which can be described in their
markup language, abandoning the HTML and focusing on the content.