help w/ linking an exec against a dll, vc++ 2005

ender.a.wiggins

Hi,

I'm not very good w/ VC++ as I come from the other side, but I have a
VC++ 2005 small project that did compile, then I did a 'build->clean
solution' on it and I can no longer get it to link. All the cpp files
build fine, but it doesn't link w/ a another dll that's in the Release
directory of my visual studio project. I get lots of 'unresolved
external symbol errors'.

I know where the dll's and it's headers are that it needs to link to,
but I don't know how to get it to link to them, I tried project-
property pages->add new references, but that didn't help.

Can anyone help me w/ what I need to do to get it to link and create
my exec?

Thnx,

Jim Langston

Hi,

I'm not very good w/ VC++ as I come from the other side, but I have a
VC++ 2005 small project that did compile, then I did a 'build->clean
solution' on it and I can no longer get it to link. All the cpp files
build fine, but it doesn't link w/ a another dll that's in the Release
directory of my visual studio project. I get lots of 'unresolved
external symbol errors'.

I know where the dll's and it's headers are that it needs to link to,
but I don't know how to get it to link to them, I tried project-

Can anyone help me w/ what I need to do to get it to link and create
my exec?

This is OT in this newsgroup, try microsoft.public.vc.language.

Thanks.