Hi, bit naive, but could you suggest me an undergrad. project in XML tech.

Waqas

HI guys,

sorry for being naive, but i have wasted alot of time searching for a
undergrad. project but cannot come up with anything. can someone
generously suggect me something so that i can move forward. I am, I
think, in a lot of mess.

:p I will be waiting for a response.
:)
takecare.

Andy Dingley

searching for a undergrad. project but cannot come up with anything.

What do you already know ?

What are you interested in ?

How much time have you got ?

Why does it have to be in XML ? What's the reason behind this ?

XML is boring. We worked all this stuff out years ago, Either take an
application-oriented view (something new to do _with_ XML) or look at
the post-XML technologies (OWL, RDF, SemWeb)

Jeff Kish

What do you already know ?

What are you interested in ?

How much time have you got ?

Why does it have to be in XML ? What's the reason behind this ?

XML is boring. We worked all this stuff out years ago, Either take an
application-oriented view (something new to do _with_ XML) or look at
the post-XML technologies (OWL, RDF, SemWeb)
Wait, this is an undergrad project.
My professor once said.. a masters level thesis should teach you something
new,
a phd level thesis should teach me something new.

As far as an undergrad project.. ask your counseler or teacher for some
assistance.. you are more likely to fulfill their requirements.

good luck!
Jeff Kish

Waqas

Hi guys, still the same problem,
can you just give me an idea, a concrete one, so that i can move forward :(.

take care.

Joris Gillis

Hi,

Something I'd like to work on when I had much time:

Consider an eco-system of various xml-documents residing in a folder. These xml-documents grow, communicate, eat each-other, multiply , progress in evolution, develop species and die. In this XML-universe , an XSLT file playes the role of nature's laws and some external program applying these XSLT translations makes the time move.
The visual appearence of this eco-system can be done with XSLT-> SVG.

Maybe it sounds total nuts, I don't know. I'll leave it up to you.

regards,

Jeff Kish

Hi guys, still the same problem,
can you just give me an idea, a concrete one, so that i can move forward :(.

take care.
OK..
Show us the requirements
How much time do you have?
How much interest do you have (want a grade/want to learn)?
How much experience do you have?
What do you already know?

Jeff Kish