Hiding or changing the site location in the address bar

Dynamo

Hi again,

My web is stored on 2 different servers. One is SSL shared space and the other
is a normal windows server for my homepage. When I redirect from my homepage to
the SSL, the address of the SSL is is displayed which has some god damn awful
name like http://vault.secured-ssl.co.uk/thenameofmysslfolder/index.htm

Is there any way using html that I can change the address displayed in the
internet explorer address bar.

What would be nice is if it displayed http://mywebsite/ssl/index.htm even though
it is displaying the info from the SSL URL.

Hope you get the drift. Any help greatly appreciated.
Regards
Dynamo

Philip Ronan

Dynamo said:
Hi again,

My web is stored on 2 different servers. One is SSL shared space and the other
is a normal windows server for my homepage. When I redirect from my homepage
the SSL, the address of the SSL is is displayed which has some god damn awful
name like http://vault.secured-ssl.co.uk/thenameofmysslfolder/index.htm

Is there any way using html that I can change the address displayed in the
internet explorer address bar.

What would be nice is if it displayed http://mywebsite/ssl/index.htm even
though
it is displaying the info from the SSL URL.

You can't do that.

Toby Inkster

Dynamo said:
the address of the SSL is is displayed which has some god damn awful
name like http://vault.secured-ssl.co.uk/thenameofmysslfolder/index.htm ^^^

What would be nice is if it displayed http://mywebsite/ssl/index.htm
^^^

Neither of them look very convincing as SSL-protected web pages!

Answer: No you can't. Imagine the problems that could cause.

I don't like my URL http://evil-bastard.com/steal-your-money.cgi. It would
be nice if it was displayed http://citibank.com/login.cgi.