hover conflict NS/IE what to do?

some dude somewhere

http://httpd.chello.nl/h.thoolen/test/text-test.html

The above link gives an example of what problem I have encountered. View it
in IE first and then in NS or Mozilla please!

It is a CSS text decoration. In IE perfect, but in NS (Mozilla) the link
turns into a line (!?????).

Thanks for any advice or tips in advance,

Eric

bengee

some said:
http://httpd.chello.nl/h.thoolen/test/text-test.html

The above link gives an example of what problem I have encountered. View it
in IE first and then in NS or Mozilla please!

It is a CSS text decoration. In IE perfect, but in NS (Mozilla) the link
turns into a line (!?????).

Change your CSS to this :-

a links { font-family: Courier, Courier-new; font-size: 2; color:
#66FF00; text-decoration:none;}
a links:hover {color:#66FF00; background-color:#66FF00;}

bengee

Dylan Parry

Sitting said:
http://httpd.chello.nl/h.thoolen/test/text-test.html

The above link gives an example of what problem I have encountered. View
it in IE first and then in NS or Mozilla please!

It is a CSS text decoration. In IE perfect, but in NS (Mozilla) the link
turns into a line (!?????).

You are missing the unit type for the font-size in your CSS. Also, you
appear to be assuming that CSS uses the same font size scheme as the
deprecated FONT element; it does not.

The reason that Mozilla displays a line is that it assumes the font size
is in pixels (px) and thus displays a line of text 2 pixels high. IE is
plain stupid and assumes something entirely different resulting in
readable text!

Try changing your CSS to read:
.links {
font-family: Courier, Courier-new;
font-size: 90%;
color: #66FF00;
text-decoration:none;
}
.links:hover {
color:#66FF00;
background-color:#66FF00;
}

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

some dude somewhere pounced upon this pigeonhole and pronounced:
http://httpd.chello.nl/h.thoolen/test/text-test.html

The above link gives an example of what problem I have encountered. View it
in IE first and then in NS or Mozilla please!

It is a CSS text decoration. In IE perfect, but in NS (Mozilla) the link
turns into a line (!?????).

Thanks for any advice or tips in advance,

Your CSS:

<!--
..links { font-family: Courier, Courier-new; font-size: 2; color: #66FF00;
text-decoration:none;}
..links:hover {color:#66FF00; background-color:#66FF00;}
-->

font-family words with spaces need enclosed in quotes. The font is
"Courier New".

font-size: 2 2 what? pixels? cigars?

I would recommend:

..links {
font-family: "Courier New", serif;
font-size: 100%;
color: #66FF00; }

Technically, the font size is redundant unless you want to vary them from
your body size, in which case use, example: font-size: 125%;