How can I open a .msg file in IE

MSDN

hello,

Need to be able to open .msg ( Outlook email file ) in IE or allow IE to
launch Outlook just like opening PDF links

Thank you,

SA

Remy

Not sure where your problem is?
Just add a link to your .msg file. Google Desktop is a good example.

Remy

MSDN

When I click on the link of my .msg file, IE does not open Outlook to open
the file.
Basically nothing happens at all.
I don't even get the dialog to OPEN or SAVE the file.
It seems that I need a Unique Mime Type for Outlook.

What do you mean by Google Desktop, I don't have it and what does it do...
Is it an ActiveX if so then that will not help me.

Thanks for any more help you can provide.

SA

MSDN

Remy,

Can you acturally try it on your machine?
just creat a link on a web page that points to a .msg file and see how it
opens it.
If it does then I like to know how you did it, what is your setup etc..
If not then you now know my problem

Thank you Remy

SA

Joined
Apr 26, 2007
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I spent a lot of time looking for an answer to this very question. I haven't found exactly what I need yet, but as I write this, these guys are working on an add-on for IE that will display Outlook msg files.

Sorry I can't post links here yet, but looks something like
www-encryptomatic-com-msgviewer-ie-index.html