How can I tile an Image over top of a DIV tag?

Guest

I have an application (asp.net 2.0) that allows people to review documents.
I need to place a tiled image (a ‘Void document Not accepted’ graphic) on top
of a div. The div will have an asp:label to display the document and some
other goodies. I need to print the page with this image superimposed on the
document. I want the document to still be readable but it should be obvious
that the document isn’t accepted. I would like the image on the printed
document to appear as a shadow on top of the source document. When the
document has been accepted I will not want to display the image.

I first looked into just using a background image but that wasn’t really
what I wanted and that is usually flushed out before printing.

I’m sure people probably do this sort of think a lot. If any one could
point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Guest

Thanks for the quick response. This looks great for helping to protect copy
written content however I think this solution sounds pretty complicated in my
situation.

Unfortunately all of the documents that will be evaluated are html. These
documents can be several pages of tables within tables and have fairly
complicated formatting of text. From what I could take out of the sample
this would better suited adding small text additions to images. I depend
heavily on the html for easy transformation and presentation. Unfortunately
the graphic object doesn't have a draw html method. Creating an image from my
several page documents could be quite a challenging.
I’m hoping to find some way to make an image appear on top of my content. I
have experimented creating a layer with a Div and absolution positioning; but
when I print I notice that the layers are all put in single file. So I end
up with a graphic at the bottom of the page.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Jeff,

I think your current solution on set the graphic/div at the bottom of the
page is reasonable since HTML page in brower can display as multiple
layers, however, when printing out, multiple layers will be merged to
single layer. So to avoid the Image covers some other text on the html, we
have to put it under all the other html content.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security