How display dynamic progress info in label control without refreshing page?

Ben

Hi,

One ASP.NET transactional page conducts a long transaction in a button
click function.
I want to display the transaction progress info in label control
without refreshing page.
It is because page refreshing will commit the transaction
automatically.

How to do it?

Thanks,
Ben

Guest

Hello Ben, I have done this in a roundabout way by using AJAX to access a web
service that contained the status of the transaction and updating the info as
a progress bar on the page using Javascript.

As for updating the status, I simply had a variable that I would change in a
database periodically as certain transactions took place with a transaction
identifier and the amount complete.

Ben

Hi Jeremy,

Could you please provide website links or detailed procedures on how to
do it?

Ben