How do I access trusted sites programmatically?

petergjansen

Hi,

How can I access the trusted sites list for the currently logged in
user programmatically? Is there some sort of IE API which I can call
to get this information or is it stored in a file anywhere? I need to
write a program which checks if certain sites are in a users list of
trusted sites and if not prompt them to add the sites. This is for use

with some browser based order system which are users use and they often

run into problems because they have not added the sites to there
trusted sites list.

Most grateful for any info
Pete

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

How can I access the trusted sites list for the currently logged in
user programmatically?

I do not think you can.
Is there some sort of IE API which I can call to get this information
or is it stored in a file anywhere?

Probably, but this is a chicken-and-the-egg problem. You cannot access
private information before the site is in the Trusted Sites list.
I need to write a program which checks if certain sites are in a users
list of trusted sites and if not prompt them to add the sites. This is
for use with some browser based order system which are users use and
they often run into problems because they have not added the sites to
there trusted sites list.

Maybe I am missing something here, but would it not be best if you tried
it first and if did not work as supposed you can be sure that the site is
not in the Trusted Sites list, and you can advise your users accordingly
(with an alert())?

F'up2 cljs, please do not crosspost without Followup-To across
top-level hierarchies (comp.* and microsoft.*) next time. BTW,
microsoft.public.internetexplorer is a hierarchy, not a single
newsgroup anymore; I removed it from the Newsgroups header.

PointedEars