how do i allow access to a shared folder?

James

how can i allow access to a shared network folder? i am trying to give
access to my as pages only. i don't want just anyone to type in the path of
my files. i can't seem to do this with a shared folder.

James

err.. Im trying to give access to my ASP (active server pages) sorry for
the typo....

Ray at

In a default setup, ASP pages run under the local IUSR_[serverName] local
account. Another machine on your network with a share will not recognize
SERVERNAME\IUSR_SERVERNAME when that user account tries to access the share,
so access will be denied. If you are in a domain environment, you can
change things in IIS so that your anonymous user is not the local IUSR
account, but is a domain account instead. Then just make sure that domain
account has NTFS and share permission to the share.

See this article for some more info:
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2168

Ray at home