How do I automate the removal of all non-ascii characters from mycode?

Alec Taylor

Good evening,

I have converted ODT to HTML using LibreOffice Writer, because I want
to convert from HTML to Creole using python-creole. Unfortunately I
get this error: "File "Convert to Creole.py", line 17
SyntaxError: Non-ASCII character '\xe2' in file Convert to Creole.py
on line 18, but no encoding declared; see
http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0263.html for details".

Unfortunately I can't post my document yet (it's a research paper I'm
working on), but I'm sure you'll get the same result if you write up a
document in LibreOffice Writer and add some End Notes.

How do I automate the removal of all non-ascii characters from my code?

Thanks for all suggestions,

Alec Taylor