how do i delete files in particular directoryin ruby ???

Phillip Gawlowski

Yaa Jeremy i really need do delete those file..

Why? Are you running into file system limitations due to size and
number of files? Or are you just offended by temporary files on
principle, like I am?
In my rails application i am uploading some large file (2gb) and while
doing mongrel +ruby temp file is being created ,ruby temp files is not
the problem because they are garbaselly collecting after upload but
mongerl temprary files are sitll holding memory
that is why iw ant to delete them only after i restart mongerl i get
ridoff those temp files but i don't restart server

Does the Mongrel process handling the upload balloon up as well as
create a file that cannot be reclaimed?

If so, create a minimal app (as has been suggested), and see if you
can narrow down the problem. It is possible that a) either your Ruby
program is not garbage collected, or that Mongrel shows a strange bug
when dealing with large downloads.

--
Phillip Gawlowski

Though the folk I have met,
(Ah, how soon!) they forget
When I've moved on to some other place,
There may be one or two,
When I've played and passed through,
Who'll remember my song or my face.

Amit Tomar

Phillip said:
Why? Are you running into file system limitations due to size and
number of files? Or are you just offended by temporary files on
principle, like I am?

Does the Mongrel process handling the upload balloon up as well as
create a file that cannot be reclaimed?

If so, create a minimal app (as has been suggested), and see if you
can narrow down the problem. It is possible that a) either your Ruby
program is not garbage collected, or that Mongrel shows a strange bug
when dealing with large downloads.

--
Phillip Gawlowski

Though the folk I have met,
(Ah, how soon!) they forget
When I've moved on to some other place,
There may be one or two,
When I've played and passed through,
Who'll remember my song or my face.

Phillip thanks for your response...
Actually ruby temporary file is garbaselly collected after upload
finishes but it mongrel temporary file who is giving trouble to me.
Am looking for
mongrel file which handle this garbase collection ,if i know about the
file i can do something