    How can I assign an ID to dynamically generation ListItem that I add to
    dynamically generated CheckBoxList or RadioButtonList? I need to identify
    the specific ListItem later through Request.Form when user sends back data.

    Amelyan, Apr 19, 2005

  2. Amelyan

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    ListItem doesn't have an ID, it's not deriving from control so it cannot
    have ID. Instead, you'd need to search the ListItem from ListItemCollection
    (Items property) with the value that was posted.

    Dim litem As ListItem=
    lst.Items.FindByValue(Request.Form("returnsvaluetolookfor")).

    where lst is the control having the ListItem to look for.

    Teemu Keiski, Apr 19, 2005