How do you call a function several times in this context??

kofi

Using python 3.1, I have written a function called "isEvenDigit"

Below is the code for the "isEvenDigit" function:

def isEvenDigit():
ste=input("Please input a single character string: ")
li=["0","2","4", "6", "8"]
if ste in li:
print("True")
else:
print("False")

I am now trying to write a function that takes a string as an argument and makes several calls to the isEvenDigit function in order to calculate and return the number of even digits in the string.How do i do this please? This is what i have done so far.

def isEvenDigit2():
number = input("Enter a digit: ")

Benjamin Kaplan

Using python 3.1, I have written a function called "isEvenDigit"

Below is the code for the "isEvenDigit" function:

def isEvenDigit():
ste=input("Please input a single character string: ")
li=["0","2","4", "6", "8"]
if ste in li:
print("True")
else:
print("False")

I am now trying to write a function that takes a string as an argument
and makes several calls to the isEvenDigit function in order to calculate
and return the number of even digits in the string.How do i do this please?
This is what i have done so far.
def isEvenDigit2():
number = input("Enter a digit: ")

Use a loop and call the function in the body of the loop. In this case, you
would use a for loop iterating over number. If you don't know how to use a
for loop, I recommend you do the tutorial at
http://docs.python.org/3.3/tutorial/

Jason Friedman

def double(value):
result
return result

number=input('type a number')
print (double(int(number)))

I think what was meant:

def double(value):
result = 2 * value
return result

Joel Goldstick

I think what was meant:

def double(value):
result = 2 * value
return result

#get the string of numbers outside your function:

is_even
number = input("type an integer')

#Here is some code to loop through each digit

for n in number:
is_even_digit(n) # this function should test the number and print what
you want for odd and even

#This will pass each digit to your function. I renamed your function to
reflect better python naming conventions