How many request can a web server handle at one time?

Joined
Jun 23, 2010
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi,

We're performing some stress testing on my .net app, we log in 8 sessions of the application,

for each session, we generate a call which will loop 8 times to call a web service hosted in

another remote machine.

The IIS that host my application is sitting on a Windows 2003 server.

The application will output log file to a directory to log the timestamp of the process, from my

observation, when we started all 8 session together, only 5 log file is created, the other 3

session will fail and the error show 'Page could not be displayed', once a session completed and

i restart the next session it will create the log immediately, but there will be 5 log files

only at any point of time.

So I wonder is this the max request that can be handle by the web server? How can I find out

what is the max request setting?

I notice the Web Garden section in the app pool, the max worker is set to 1, what is the impact

i change to more than 1?

Hope someone can advise me on this, as I getting quite confuse while reading the article on this

topics. Thanks in advance! :)