How much data is actually sent.

Mufasa

I'm trying to set up a system sending as little data over the network as
possible. I am going to be sending a status byte every minute or so and
trying to minimize the traffic. I'm wonder about using a webservice (I've
done webservices a lot so I'm very comfortable with them) but am wondering
how much overhead the service adds to the message.

How can I find out how much data is actually being sent when doing the web
service? (Specifically the overhead traffic).

TIA - Jeff.