How to add a shapefile to an existing ArcMap 9.x project using Python?

syed_saqib_ali

Hi.....

I have an Instance of ArcMap 9.0 running.

I also have a shapefile named myShape (actually corresponding to 4
files on the disk: myShape.dbf, myShape.shp, myShape.pnt and
myShape.shx)

I would like to write some Python code that inserts myShape into the
running instance of ArcMap9.0 as a new layer.

How can I do this? What software tools/package can I use to do this?
Can you show me the Python code fragment?

Thanks
-Saqib