how to avoid the IE seurity

lee_j

Hi,
When I use funtion--CreateObject to create an instance of Msword in the
client script,
IE security will prevent my script to create.I would not like to alter the
security option.
how to resolve this problem?

Thanks for advice
jack

Evertjan.

lee_j wrote on 24 nov 2003 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
When I use funtion--CreateObject to create an instance of Msword in
the client script,
IE security will prevent my script to create.I would not like to alter
the security option.
how to resolve this problem?

This is ment to be unresolvable.

How can I get into my neighbours house of he locks the door?

Ray at

Tools--Options--security---[select zone of choice, preferably intranet or
trusted sites]--customize...

You can control this via group policy in a private network.

This is not ASP related. Please post any follow up questions to either an
IE group or a [your operating system] security group.

Ray at work

Bob Barrows

lee_j said:
Hi,
When I use funtion--CreateObject to create an instance of Msword
in the client script,
IE security will prevent my script to create.I would not like to
alter the security option.
how to resolve this problem?

Thanks for advice
jack

This can be avoided with an HTA. Check out the section on HTML Applications
in msdn.microsoft.com/library.

Please follow up in an IE newsgroup. This question had nothing to do with
ASP.

Bob Barrows