    How to achieve this?

    Any hacks?

    I am currently doing a self-post back + redirect.

    Guest, Feb 21, 2007

  2. Hi,

    You can access the ACTION attribute of the form using JavaScript.

    <form id="myForm" action="Search.aspx" onsubmit="return setAction();">
    <input id="textbox" />
    <input type="submit" value="Submit" />
    </form>

    <script type="text/javascript">

    function setAction()
    {
    var myForm = document.getElementById( "myForm" );
    var myText = document.getElementById( "textbox" );

    if ( myForm
    && myForm.action
    && myText
    && myText.value != null )
    {
    myForm.action = "Search.aspx?q=" + myText.value;
    }
    return true;
    }

    </script>

    HTH,
    Laurent

    Laurent Bugnion [MVP], Feb 21, 2007

    Guest Guest

    That should work, but doesn't smell like asp.net 2.0 [:)]

    nonethe less, thanks.another hack I found

    Button1.PostBackUrl = "javascript:SayHello()";
    function SayHello()
    {
    location.href = "default2.aspx?q=" +
    document.getElementById("TextBox1").value;

    ---------------------
    Thanks
    Rajiv Das

    Guest, Feb 21, 2007
  4. Hi,

    JavaScript works on ASP.NET 2.0 just like I works on normal HTML. I
    don't quite understand the comment...
    That's not a POST, it's a GET. Additionally, you don't want to use the
    javascript: pseudo protocol, it's known to cause problems. Don't want to
    tell you what this smells like...

    Laurent

    Laurent Bugnion [MVP], Feb 21, 2007

    theojohn

    Joined:
    May 13, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    He needed a server side solution...

    Understand that there's a chance Javascript may not be enabled on the users browser.

    theojohn, May 13, 2011