How to change Profile Provider during runtime?

Discussion in '.NET' started by briandre, Aug 17, 2011.

  1. briandre

    briandre

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi All,

    My site uses the built-in ASP.NET Profile module to manage user profiles.

    I need to change the Profile Provider during runtime. The reason is that the site will be implemented in two macines: a server using Sql Server 2008 R2 and an embedded system using Sql Compact 4.0.

    For the 1st one it is using the built-in profile provider 'SqlProfileProvider'. For the 2nd one it is using the new DefaultProfileProvider by the new ASP.NET Universal Providers (which is still in alpha stage).

    I need to find a way to change the provider depending on the machine that is running the site. I managed to do that for Membership & Role, by using something like:

    Membership.Providers["MyProvider"].GetUser(UserGUID, true);

    But I can't find out how to do the same sort of thing for Profile.

    Thanks.

    briandre, Aug 17, 2011