How to check ?

paul

Register check may help, you need to write Perl code to check register
in windows...It will tell you whether IIS is install or not...
Rakesh said:
Any body know perl program for Check wether IIS is installed or not ?

perl -e"print q[Is IIS installed? ]; <STDIN>"

John

Jürgen Exner

Mirco said:
Thus spoke Rakesh (on 2006-11-12 09:46):

You could simply ask a HEAD-request to a server
installed on the local ip and read the response,

Nice idea, but still leaves two problems:
- If you don't get a response you still don't know if IIS isn't installed or
just not running
- If you get a response from a server other than IIS then you still don't
know if IIS is installed, too

jue

Tad McClellan

Jürgen Exner said:
Nice idea, but still leaves two problems:
- If you don't get a response you still don't know if IIS isn't installed or
just not running

or if IIS _is_ installed and is running, but is configured to not
respond to HEAD requests.

Richard

Rakesh said:
Any body know perl program for Check wether IIS is installed or not ?

I think the easiest is to use sc.exe:)\Windows\system32\sc.exe to check
wheter IISAdmin is registered as a service:

sc.exe query IISAdmin

Will return the state etc. about IISAdmin. If IIS is installed you will
find the service even if it is not in running state.