how to compile php + library

MuffinMan

Hi,

I use php to program some useles stuff for fun. Now I want to use a certain
funcion, imap, and to do that I have to install the library first.

I want to use the imap functions. Now they say you have to compile it, so i
downloaded the imap files and MS Visual C++ 6. I have no experience with how
to compile stuff or writting stuff in C++. Do I need to make a complete new
php installation from the php source + library source or well... I tried to
find some info on the internet but it's all mystery for me..
Can anyone help me with this.. I already tried a pre-compiled version of
php-apache-mysql from php-dev but I don't like that... and in the
appropriate php groups nobody seems to know how to do this.... bit odd, but
well..

Maarten

ps I'm running w2k

Benny Hill

Hi,

I use php to program some useles stuff for fun. Now I want to use a certain
funcion, imap, and to do that I have to install the library first.

I want to use the imap functions. Now they say you have to compile it, so i
downloaded the imap files and MS Visual C++ 6. I have no experience with how
to compile stuff or writting stuff in C++. Do I need to make a complete new
php installation from the php source + library source or well... I tried to
find some info on the internet but it's all mystery for me..
Can anyone help me with this.. I already tried a pre-compiled version of
php-apache-mysql from php-dev but I don't like that... and in the
appropriate php groups nobody seems to know how to do this.... bit odd, but
well..

Maarten

ps I'm running w2k

Hi Maarten,

First, you'd probably find the answer to this question faster in a
group that is more web software centric.

That being said, I *think* what you are wanting to do is re-compile PHP
with mod_imap enabled. Looking at the PHP website (www.php.net) I don't
see any source that is geared towards a MSVC++ compiler which doesn't
surprise me very much. Typically PHP/MySQL/Apache is run on linux rather
than Windows.

You might benefit from joining/searching one of the mailing lists.